Getting your home and space organized can help you feel more in control of your environment. That sense of order can reduce stress, help you focus on your own well-being, and achieve your other goals. Follow these tips to organize your whole home quickly and easily.
- Set up a no-fail garage system. Hang some pegboard. Put some tool hooks in the holes on the board. Using a thick marker, draw an outline around each tool to reserve its location. Your new tool organizing system will keep you organized, and alert you when tools are missing.
- Cut laundry time in half. First, provide everyone with their own laundry basket. Put family members’ names on the sides of the baskets so there are no lost items or mix-ups. Now here’s the sweet secret. When the wash is done, rather than placing the clean laundry on the dining room table or the stairs (and watching everyone walk by without picking up their clothes), have everyone come to the laundry room to pick up their personalized basket of clean clothing.
- Work some kitchen magic. Use a rolling cart to establish a dedicated space for one of your most common activities. For example, create a lunch-making station stocked with a cutting board and knife, salt and pepper, paper towels, and non-perishable food items (bread, oranges, and apples) and snacks.
- Grab a three-ring binder and a three-hole punch, and keep your essential information in the binder.
- Consider a charging station that conceals the cords, keeps all the electronic items together and looks good while doing it.
- Tell a tidier toy story. Use colorful bins to hold toys, designating each bin to hold one type of toys, such as musical instruments, cars, dolls, games, or Legos.
- Declutter the grownups’ bedroom closet.
- Set kids’ closets straight.
- Bundle toiletries and grooming tools.
- Simplify — and go easy on yourself. Most importantly, don’t get too hung up on the details. Your home doesn’t have to be perfectly organized every day. Sometimes “good enough” is just fine.
This article was found on https://www.zillow.com/resources/stay-informed/2020/05/29/10-tips-organizing-your-house/